Emergency dentist in the 95825 areaKeeping your oral health at an optimum level requires diligent at-home care and twice-a-year checkups with your dentist. However, even with the best preventative care, dental emergencies can happen when you least expect them. You could have a child with a chipped tooth on a Sunday afternoon. You could wake up with intense pain the day before an important presentation at work. You could bite into a sourdough pretzel and break a filling just before bedtime.
When you can’t wait for weeks, or even days, for a dental appointment, it’s comforting to know that you have options with your trusted dentists at Personalized Dental Care in Sacramento. Dr. Kosta Adams and Dr. Kristen Adams understand that sometimes, dental emergencies happen and when they do, you need a dentist you can trust, and you need the care quickly. If you find yourself with a dental emergency and you’re in the 95825 area, call our office immediately. We’ll schedule you for an appointment and help you manage the emergency until you can get to the office. Here are a few tips in the case of a dental emergency:
- Sometimes a lost tooth can be saved if you can locate it. Rinse it gently with water, milk, or a saline solution and put it back into the tooth socket. Be sure that you don’t remove any tissue that is attached to the tooth and do not scrub or clean the tooth.
- If your tooth is broken, rinse your mouth with water and use ice or a cold pack to reduce swelling. You can also take an over-the-counter pain medication such as Ibuprofen (do not take aspirin).
- If you have trauma to your lips, cheeks, or gums that causes bleeding rinse with salt water and apply pressure to manage the bleeding.
- Remember that the first 30 minutes after an emergency are critical. Turning to your trusted family dentist ensures that you’re getting care from someone who knows you and your dental history.
- Dentist in Sacramento considers what is best for patients’ oral and overall health
- Dentists In Sacramento offer a comprehensive range of dentistry services
- Dr. Kosta Adams helps patients achieve a happy and healthy smile with cosmetic dentistry
- Dr. Kristen Adams helps dental patients manage their sleep apnea
Back To Home Page
Adams Dental Associates
"Very positive experiences. Good, thoughtful care, effective treatment, clear communication about what to expect, minimal discomfort, great staff. Worked within my insurance limitations. Highly recommend Dr. Adams."
Reviewed by Anonymous
Sign Up For Newsletter
Dr. Adams is rated one of the top 2 Dentists in Sacramento by Dr. Ooogle (out of 370 plus Sacramento dentists)