Sealants and Fluoride
- Get it placed by an experienced dentist
- Avoid future restorative treatments
- Get rid of additional dental expenses
- Schedule an appointment with Dr.Adams
Cosmetic Dentist in Sacramento – Dental Sealants Seal the Grooves. Save your children from future dentistry by having sealants placed on all posterior teeth. How to prevent tooth decay – Almost 100 percent.
Here are the facts:
- Tooth decay is caused by a combination of too much sugar and not thoroughly cleaning the teeth and gums.
- The first filling is often experienced in one of the molars in the back of the mouth.
- Regular brushing and avoidance of sugar does not guarantee that a patient will avoid the development of tooth decay. There are so many nooks and crannies on the biting surfaces of the teeth that it is practically inevitable that patients will experience tooth decay even with good oral health habits.
- It is these nooks and crannies where bacteria can collect and eventually decay the tooth surface.
- For this reason most of us have fillings on just our back teeth.
- Front teeth are almost self-cleansing and don’t really get decay.
- The best dentistry is no dentistry!
- Once you get your first filling you now are destined for replacing that filling again and again with more future dentistry.
- No dental restoration will last as long as your own natural tooth, so it is preferable that patients maintain the structure and integrity of their adult teeth.
Here is the secret to avoiding lifelong dentistry issues for your children:
- Dental sealants… seal the grooves.
- Advanced placement of sealants on all biting surfaces of posterior teeth where the nooks and crannies are that provide nests for bacteria.
- Many children who have sealants and fluoride treatments may be able to eliminate the need for the first filling and help avoid future restorative treatments.
- Simply put, if you never get your first filling you will never need another one to replace the first one.
Just for review:
- Most children (and some adults) can avoid future dentistry by having properly placed sealants on the biting surfaces of the posterior teeth where nooks and crannies exist that can provide nests for bacterial activity and subsequent decay.
- Sealants work best when they are properly placed.
- Save your children from future dentistry issues by having sealants placed on all posterior teeth.
Adams Dental Associates
"Very positive experiences. Good, thoughtful care, effective treatment, clear communication about what to expect, minimal discomfort, great staff. Worked within my insurance limitations. Highly recommend Dr. Adams."
Reviewed by Anonymous
Sign Up For Newsletter
Dr. Adams is rated one of the top 2 Dentists in Sacramento by Dr. Ooogle (out of 370 plus Sacramento dentists)