If you have a lost a tooth, you may want to ignore it. The problem arises when the untreated gap morphs into oral complications like a misaligned bite, bone loss, shifting of adjacent teeth, and altered speech. Furthermore, the change in your bite balance may put a strain on your jaw muscles, triggering jaw and facial pain.
Luckily, if you have a lost a tooth, you can book an appointment with Adams Dental Associates of Sacramento, California, for replacement. We offer high-quality dental implants that replace your teeth for life!
Dental implants procedure
Before Dr. Kosta Adams gives you the go-ahead for dental implants, he will evaluate your mouth to establish that you have sufficient and healthy bone to support an implant. If you have insufficient bone, bone grafting may be necessary.
If you are a perfect candidate for implants, here is what to expect.
- Surgery: Under anesthesia and probably sedation, your dentist inserts the implant post (titanium screw) deep into the jawbone. The implant post acts as the tooth root and holds the artificial tooth in place to replace your missing tooth.
- Healing: After placement, it will take several months for the surgical site to heal. During this period, a critical process called osseointegration takes place, where the biocompatible titanium screw fuses with the jawbone to form a sturdy anchorage for crowns and other prosthetics.
- Fitting: When the implant post successfully fuses with the jawbone, an abutment will be fitted to support a crown, bridges, or dentures. After this process, you are now ready to walk away with a tooth that acts and feels so natural.
Benefits of implant-based restorations
Dental implants are the gold standard for teeth replacement because they:
- Last for a lifetime with proper care
- Prevent sunken-in face appearance
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting
- Restores your smile and confidence
- Implants are easy to maintain
- Preserve bone health
- Restores biting ability
Dental Implants near me
Are you looking for a permanent fix for your missing teeth? Dial (916) 999-1302 to book an appointment with Adams Dental Associates. Dr. Kosta Adams will explain the ins and outs of implant-based restorations, including the functional and aesthetic benefits they offer for your oral health.
When patients visit the practice of Drs. Kosta J. Adams and Kristen J. Adams, they often want to learn about the ways of restoring their smiles when dealing with lost or extracted natural teeth. There are several restoration options available for Sacramento area patients, but the most commonly suggested cosmetic dentistry method is that of dental implants.
Dental implants act as tooth roots. Made of titanium, these special posts are surgically implanted into the bone of the jaw. This is how the implant derives its strength and stability. Over the course of several weeks, osseointegration occurs. This is the process of the bone fusing to the implant. Once this has occurred and the implant is firmly in place, an abutment is placed over the top as well as a dental crown. Some patients use implants to hold bridges and dentures.
Dental implants are the best way to repair a smile after tooth loss or extraction. However, not everyone is an appropriate candidate. Candidates must have sufficient jawbone. Patients who have been missing teeth for some time may experience the disintegration of bone. These patients may want to consider a procedure called bone grafting to build up the bone to the point where it can hold a dental implant. To determine if patients can undergo the dental implant procedure, they must have a thorough examination done by Drs. Kosta J. Adams and Kristen J. Adams, during which x-rays will be completed to check bone stability and placement.
Dental implants have a wide variety of benefits. They are:
- Strong and stable
- Used to disperse chewing forces to the jawbone
- Beautiful and natural-looking
- Long-lasting (typically over the course of one’s lifetime)
- Permanent, not removable
- Easy to care for
- Used to maintain bone
- The best value over time
Patients in and around the Sacramento area are invited to visit the practice of Drs. Kosta J. Adams and Kristen J. Adams to find out if dental implants are the ideal situation for them. Patients who want a solution to their tooth loss can ask about implants and determine if they are the best fit for their lifestyle and budget.
Drs. Kosta J. Adams and Kristen J. Adams near Sacramento are dental professionals who pride themselves in having a wide range of services available to their patients. When it comes to repairing the smile after tooth loss, a dentist may recommend the placement of a dental implant.
Dental implants are one of the best restorative solutions available for patients with one or more missing teeth. These restorations are made of titanium metal which is biocompatible with the body. During oral surgery, this post is placed into the jaw bone where the process of osseointegration will allow for the bone to wrap around the implant and keep it firmly in place. Drs. Kosta J. Adams and Kristen J. Adams will advise patients on the proper healing necessary to ensure appropriate placement and successful results.
Once dental implants have been placed, they can be restored in a variety of ways. Patients who use them to replace a single tooth will have the implant covered with a dental crown. Dental implants can also be used to support a dental bridge when several teeth in a row are missing. Additionally, these restorations can be placed throughout the dental arch and used to stabilize full dentures. These permanent restorations are incredibly versatile which is also a reason why they are highly desirable by patients.
Dental implants have several advantages over alternative tooth replacement options such as dentures and bridges that include:
- Investment in the smile
- Permanent replacement of natural teeth
- Strong and stable
- Maintains natural bone structure
- Improves dental health
- Replaces teeth necessary for proper function
Dental implants do require oral surgery to implant them into the jaw bone. However, this procedure is done in our practice as an outpatient surgery. It is done under local anesthetics, and patients with extreme dental anxieties may also enjoy sleep dentistry—otherwise known as oral conscious sedation—in conjunction with their dental services.
Drs. Kosta J. Adams and Kristen J. Adams work hard to provide patients with the dental solutions necessary to maintain a healthy, beautiful smile. Contact them today to book an appointment and consultation to find out how dental implants can change your life!
While dental implants may seem like an involved process, you’ll be surprised to discover just how easy they are. Dental implants are completed on an outpatient basis. Thanks to advanced techniques and technologies, the process is considered minor surgery.
Don’t trust the beauty, health, and function of your teeth and smile to just any dentist. The Best Implant Dentist in Sacramento is one of only four out of 800-plus general dentists in the region to achieve a Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Kosta J. Adams’ experience and advanced training sets him apart and is represented in additional ways, such as his Fellowship in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Why your dentist matters
Not all practices are equipped with the knowledge and technologies to place implants. In these cases, you may be referred to a specialist, which adds to the time and cost. Not all professionals who place implants have the same level of experience or training. The dentist’s skill makes a big difference in the outcome and longevity of your new tooth or implant-supported dentures.
In fact, the Journal of Clinical Periodontology has attributed the development of peri-implantitis to everything from the inaccurate positioning of crowns to the poor fit of those pieces or abutments that connect the implant and crown. Of course, it’s important to maintain good oral hygiene, otherwise, this damaging condition can develop around the implants. While false teeth can’t decay like natural ones, peri-implantitis has been compared to the inflammation of gum disease and can seriously threaten the success of your implant.
The best implant dentist in and around Sacramento, Drs. Kosta or Kristen Adams will be with you through every step of the process from consultation to follow-up appointments, ensuring the long healthy life of your new tooth. Call (916) 999-1302.
Have you been suffering from gaps in your smile? Your self-esteem can take a hit from having a less than stellar grin. Studies show that your smile can play a large part in someone’s first impression of you. At Adams Dental Associates, located in Sacramento, CA, we have spent over thirty years perfecting how to help each of our patient’s individual needs. That’s why we’re proud to provide you with the opportunity to eliminate gaps in your grin with dental implants. This tooth replacement method is considered the “gold standard” in replacing missing teeth.
Implants are titanium posts that are placed into your jawbone where you are missing teeth. Titanium is a metal that your body accepts, so the jawbone will grow around the implant, which stabilizes the implant, creating a sturdy anchor for the replacement tooth. We then craft a crown that blends seamlessly with your other teeth. After the implant area heals, we will place the crown on top of the titanium implant to create a full and beautiful smile.
Benefits of implants:
- Practically permanent: With a proper oral hygiene routine (twice-daily brushing, once-daily flossing) most implants last the remainder of the patient’s lifetime.
- Natural-looking: Because of the sturdiness of the implant, the crown is secure, and functions like a normal tooth.
- Protects your natural jawbone: Empty spaces in your mouth can lead to bone loss and a facial structure change. The implant stimulates the bone to continue regenerating. Your jawbone retains its shape and structure.
- Reliable: Implants have the most consistent record of successful long-term outcomes. Very rarely do they fail, and when they do, we can often replace the implant.
Adams Dental Associates wants you to feel and look your best. We help you achieve that goal by giving you personalized solutions that really work to address all your dental needs. Call today to schedule your individualized consultation to discover the best treatment path to give you the smile you deserve! (916) 999-1302.
Dental implants have become the preferred tooth replacement option for their reliable function, natural appearance, and long-lasting benefits. While implants may be used to anchor a dental bridge or stabilize a denture, an estimated 80 to 90 percent are single-unit restorations. Yet many people find themselves visiting two or more dental practices for completion of treatment. Patients of Adams Dental Associates get the convenience of all phases of implantation at one familiar office, with services performed by one of the few Master Dentists in the Sacramento, CA area.
Straightforward steps to a restored smile
Planning, placing, and restoring a dental implant is a complex, technical task. From the patient’s perspective, though, steps in the procedure are clear-cut and predictable.
Complete dental implants services in Sacramento CA include:
- Extraction – With the option of nitrous oxide (laughing gas) or oral conscious sedation, the removal of a damaged tooth is atraumatic. We handle all but extremely complex extractions.
- Bone grafting – To ensure adequate bone to protect sinuses and anchor a dental implant, or to preserve bone immediately after an extraction, grafting may be advised. This involves supplementing bone with a synthetic or allograft material that becomes part of the bony ridge.
- Implant placement – For a stand-alone restoration, this is usually done after the extraction site has healed. (In some cases, an implant can be placed and “loaded” with a temporary restoration immediately, to avoid a gap in your smile.) Placement is the most critical element of implant success. Dr. Kosta uses in-house CT scanning technology to develop a precise strategy. Implantation is computer-guided, and the procedure is brief. It leaves only a small soft tissue incision that may not even require sutures.
- Abutment – When the bone has fused with the implant – usually within four months – a tiny post is inserted. This abutment supports the final restoration.
- Crown – Another set of impressions is taken so that the doctor may design you a new tooth – a beautiful porcelain crown. It is screw-retained or cemented in place for a restored smile and many years of chewing function.
Adams Dental Associates at (916) 999-1302
. to schedule a free dental implant consultation
Drs. Kosta Adams and Kristen Adams of Sacramento, CA are dedicated professionals in the community who understand the importance of replacing missing teeth. The smile can be negatively impacted by the loss or extraction of one or more teeth, which is why tooth replacement options are discussed as soon as possible with our dental team. Patients who are interested in dental implants may want to ask about the benefits of these restorations with their dental team. Our dentists offer consultations where patients can learn about dental implants and other tooth restoration options available.
What is a dental implant?
When replacing missing teeth, many patients are seeking a long-term, permanent solution to improve their smile. Drs. Kosta Adams and Kristen Adams of Adams Dental Associates are excited to offer dental implants for these needs. Our professionals describe dental implants as titanium posts. These small metal restorations are placed into the bone of the jaw to act as a tooth root replacement. Then, the dental implant is restored in several different ways. A single tooth replacement may be achieved by placing a dental crown over the abutment of the implant. The dental implant may also serve as an anchor for one or both sides of a dental bridge, replacing one or more teeth at once. For others, the stabilization of their full dentures is necessary, with dental implants used along the dental arch. The implants act as a foundation for the denture and allow patients to enjoy their favorite foods without worrying about their dentures falling out—especially in social situations.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
There are many reasons why dental implants may be more advantageous than alternative options, including dental bridges and partial or full dentures. Below are just a few of the benefits of dental implants for consideration:
- Appearance. Dental implants are restorations that look entirely natural in the smile and are restored with porcelain made to match the existing teeth. This ensures seamless integration into the smile for many of our patients.
- Improved speech. Missing teeth or poor-fitting dentures can make it difficult to speak clearly. With dental implants with or without full dentures, patients rest easy knowing they are easier to understand in social situations.
- Longevity. Once placed and adequately cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Efficient eating. With full dentures, patients may experience sliding, which can make chewing more difficult. Dental implants function just like natural teeth, allowing patients to enjoy their favorite foods without concern.
- Comfort. Dental implants become a part of the smile and are not just a restoration that is taken in and out of the mouth. Because this restoration integrates into the bone of the jaw, patients can rest easily as they can eliminate discomfort often resulting from other removable replacements such as full dentures.
- Self-confidence. Patients who have lived for long periods with an imperfect smile caused by tooth loss will be able to regain their confidence and improve their self-esteem with dental implants. Patients smile more and are often more social when they realize their smile looks beautiful and functions better than before!
- Durability. Dental implants last a lifetime when cared for properly over the years. Their strength makes them an obvious choice for patients who want to invest in a long-term, permanent restoration.
- Convenience. Removable dentures require a lot of attention and care, including the use of messy denture adhesives and soaking of the restorations to ensure they stay moist. Dental implants do not require removal or any special attention. They are brushed and floss just as the natural teeth are to keep them clean and ensure long-term placement.
Schedule a visit today!
At Adams Dental Associates, our family treats patients like family as well! We focus on ensuring everyone has a pleasant experience at the dental practice, and offer some of the latest and most desirable services in the area of Sacramento, CA. If you live in the community and have considered dental implants for replacing missing teeth, we welcome you to book a consultation visit with our staff. Call (916) 999-1302 and visit us at 3 Scripps Drive, Ste. 200. Drs. Kosta Adams and Kristen Adams are committed to serving new and existing patients in the community with their smile restoration needs.
If you are missing permanent teeth, you may be wondering, “what are my options?” Some considerations you are facing include, can you just leave your smile with missing teeth, and if you do replace it, what type of restoration is best? At Adams Dental Associates in Sacramento, CA, we love dental implants because they are a great option for restoring appearance and functionality to the smile. Below, we will explain what dental implants are and their benefits.
Dental implants explained
Dental implants are a restoration option for a single tooth up to an entire arch of teeth. The restoration acts as a replacement for the missing tooth root, restoring oral health and beauty to the smile. The implant is placed directly into the bone where it becomes a stable anchor for the final artificial tooth or teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are the closest restoration option to natural teeth. Once it is placed into the jawbone and heals, the implant and bone fuse together forming the foundation for your replacement tooth. The benefits of dental implants include:
- Improves oral health – Dental implants prevent bone deterioration and help protect remaining natural teeth that are still in the smile.
- Longevity – Dental implants can last for decades with proper oral hygiene and care.
- Stability – Because dental implants fuse with the bone, it allows you to eat without the fear of your dental restoration moving around or falling out.
- Improved self-esteem ¬– Your dental implants will look and feel like your natural teeth, so you have the confidence to speak, eat, and smile.
Cost of dental implants
The cost of dental implants can vary greatly per patient. It depends on several different factors including the number of teeth missing, the final restoration, and if other dental procedures such as grafting are required. During your consultation, we will go over all your options with you to ensure that we offer you a treatment option that fits within your budget, including helping you to maximize insurance benefits.
If you are in the Sacramento area and would like to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, please call us today at (916) 999-1302.