Restore teeth beautifully with tooth-colored fillings in Sacramento, CA
If you have existing fillings, there is a good chance that they are silver amalgam fillings. For many decades, these fillings were the routine standard of care when repairing cavities. In addition to detracting from the appearance of your smile, silver amalgam fillings also contain mercury, which has become a concern for some patients due to toxicity or allergies. At Adams Dental Associates in Sacramento, CA, we offer patients a beautiful, natural-looking solution to cavities with tooth-colored fillings. These white fillings restore structure and function to the teeth while blending in seamlessly, so no one knows you had a filling.
Benefits of tooth-colored dental fillings
At Adams Dental Associates, we suggest tooth-colored fillings for most cavity restorations for several reasons.
- They are aesthetically pleasing – the white composite resin material matches the natural tooth structure and does not detract from the appearance of the tooth.
- They are cost-effective – white fillings are one of the most affordable ways to fix a tooth that has suffered from decay.
- They are conservative – placing a white filling requires removing less of the tooth structure than amalgam fillings.
- They bond directly to teeth – this means that they are effective at preventing future bacteria from becoming trapped.
- They are tooth-friendly – white fillings are made of composite resin which is a material that does not expand and contract as much as amalgam which protects the tooth from fracture.
Cosmetic dental bonding
In addition to being used for a filling, the composite resin is a material that can also be used to fix minor imperfections such as chipped teeth quickly, and effectively. A dental bonding repair is an affordable option for patients who choose not to get veneers.
In need of a dental filling in Sacramento? Call Adams Dental Associates
If you find out that you have a cavity, one of the best things you can do for your oral health is to have the filling right away. When decay is left untreated it will continue to worsen and could eventually lead to painful infection and the need for root canal therapy. To book your appointment, please give us a call at (916) 999-1302.