Patients in Sacramento, CA ask, “How does dental bonding work?”Posted by Kosta J. Adams, DDS, MAGD, FICOI / Kristen J. Adams - Dentist Sacramento
How does dental bonding work?Dental bonding is used to correct cosmetic problems such as spacing or gaps. Stained, chipped, or broken teeth can also be addressed. Bonding uses a tooth-colored material to improve the imperfections. Little advance preparation is needed for dental bonding. A shading guide helps your dentist select the appropriate composite resin color to match your natural tooth.
To prepare the tooth for bonding, it is etched and a conditioning liquid is applied. This process allows the resin to bond to the tooth. The tooth-colored resin is molded, applied, and sculpted into the desired shape. A special light or laser hardens the material. Once bonded and hardened, your dentist can trim, shape, and polish the material to match the natural tooth. The entire procedure takes 30 to 60 minutes per tooth to complete.
Bonding is a good option for small cosmetic dentistry needs and is often a more economical option than other cosmetic procedures. Depending on the patient, dental bonding can be used to restore or correct imperfections. Uses for bonding may include the following:
- Closing a gap between teeth
- Fixing chipped teeth
- Altering the appearance, color, or shape of teeth
Benefits of dental bondingWhen it comes to correcting small imperfections, bonding is an effective, efficient procedure to restore your beautiful smile. Advantages of this procedure include the following:
- Cost-effective - Compared to other cosmetic options, dental bonding is often a less expensive yet creates a durable, natural-looking result.
- Quick - The bonding process is generally started and completed in a single dental appointment.
- Simple - Most bonding procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Safe - Little tooth preparation is needed for the bonding process which allows patients to maintain the integrity of the tooth.
The team at Adams Dental Associates strives to maintain the health and beauty of your smile. Schedule your appointment today. Call (916) 999-1302.
Adams Dental Associates in Sacramento, CA considers patients’ smiles as their first priority, and offers a range of services that are geared towards making patients feel attractive and confident. Dr. Kosta Adams has decades of experience and expertise. Dr. Kristen Adams has enhanced the practice with her expertise in restorative, periodontal, cosmetic and implant dentistry.
- Sacramento, CA dentists compare benefits of dental bonding and porcelain veneers
- Patients in Sacramento, CA ask, “How does dental bonding work?”
- Sacramento dentists describe bonding, an alternative treatment for misaligned teeth
- What are the benefits of dental bonding?
- Sacramento area dentist describes teeth bonding
- Sacramento dentist describes teeth bonding as a cosmetic approach to enhancing the smile
- Dentist explains when a dental bridge is a good choice for Sacramento patients
Back to Dental Bonding Page
Woke up with a horribly infected tooth on Friday morning. I had not established a relationship with a dentist since moving to Sacramento. Googled emergency dentists and was incredibly fortunate to find Dr. Adams listing. Called them on a Friday afternoon as a new patient and was seen within an hour!!! Two teeth had to be pulled. Dr Adams and Dr Kristen were awesome. I didn't feel a thing....teeth were out quickly and painlessly. Everyone there is incredibly sweet and caring. Everything is spotless and clean - could not have asked for a better experience. I have found my forever Dentist.
~ By Susan S.
They have cared for my teeth for 20+ years. Always warm and very trustworthy. I'd like to share my most recent visit, since it reflects the quality of care they have always provided. So my front tooth had a chipped bottom and my back tooth had a broken filling. First off, he fixed the broken filling without a problem. Next, Dr. Adams walked me through the options we had for the chipped tooth. I asked various questions to address my concerns. His explanations were comforting. For both my teeth issues, he gave me a full idea of what to expect. In the end, both teeth were cared for and function just fine now. No more worrying! I feel comfortable trusting him with caring for my teeth.
~ By Salvatore A.
Like always had a great experience with Dr Adams and Dr Adams. Had two fillings done and was in and out in just over an hour, I liked how they took the time to explain the whole procedure to me and answered all my questions about my teeth. I also enjoyed their good background music. The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering all my billing questions and setting up my next appointment. See you guys next time!!
~ By Manuel G.
Sign Up For Newsletter
Dr. Adams is rated one of the top 2 Dentists in Sacramento by Dr. Ooogle (out of 370 plus Sacramento dentists)