Discuss with our dentists in Sacramento, CA the benefits of dental implantsPosted by Kosta J. Adams, DDS, MAGD, FICOI / Kristen J. Adams - Dentist Sacramento
What is a dental implant?When replacing missing teeth, many patients are seeking a long-term, permanent solution to improve their smile. Drs. Kosta Adams and Kristen Adams of Adams Dental Associates are excited to offer dental implants for these needs. Our professionals describe dental implants as titanium posts. These small metal restorations are placed into the bone of the jaw to act as a tooth root replacement. Then, the dental implant is restored in several different ways. A single tooth replacement may be achieved by placing a dental crown over the abutment of the implant. The dental implant may also serve as an anchor for one or both sides of a dental bridge, replacing one or more teeth at once. For others, the stabilization of their full dentures is necessary, with dental implants used along the dental arch. The implants act as a foundation for the denture and allow patients to enjoy their favorite foods without worrying about their dentures falling out—especially in social situations.
What are the benefits of dental implants?There are many reasons why dental implants may be more advantageous than alternative options, including dental bridges and partial or full dentures. Below are just a few of the benefits of dental implants for consideration:
- Appearance. Dental implants are restorations that look entirely natural in the smile and are restored with porcelain made to match the existing teeth. This ensures seamless integration into the smile for many of our patients.
- Improved speech. Missing teeth or poor-fitting dentures can make it difficult to speak clearly. With dental implants with or without full dentures, patients rest easy knowing they are easier to understand in social situations.
- Longevity. Once placed and adequately cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Efficient eating. With full dentures, patients may experience sliding, which can make chewing more difficult. Dental implants function just like natural teeth, allowing patients to enjoy their favorite foods without concern.
- Comfort. Dental implants become a part of the smile and are not just a restoration that is taken in and out of the mouth. Because this restoration integrates into the bone of the jaw, patients can rest easy as they can eliminate discomfort often resulting from other removable replacements such as full dentures.
- Self-confidence. Patients who have lived for long periods with an imperfect smile caused by tooth loss will be able to regain their confidence and improve their self-esteem with dental implants. Patients smile more and are often more social when they realize their smile looks beautiful and functions better than before!
- Durability. Dental implants last a lifetime when cared for properly over the years. Their strength makes them an obvious choice for patients who want to invest in a long-term, permanent restoration.
- Convenience. Removable dentures require a lot of attention and care, including the use of messy denture adhesives and soaking of the restorations to ensure they stay moist. Dental implants do not require removal or any special attention. They are brushed and floss just as the natural teeth are to keep them clean and ensure long-term placement.
Schedule a visit today!At Adams Dental Associates, our family treats patients like family as well! We focus on ensuring everyone has a pleasant experience at the dental practice, and offer some of the latest and most desirable services in the area of Sacramento, CA. If you live in the community and have considered dental implants for replacing missing teeth, we welcome you to book a consultation visit with our staff. Call (916) 999-1302 and visit us at 3 Scripps Drive, Ste. 200. Drs. Kosta Adams and Kristen Adams are committed to serving new and existing patients in the community with their smile restoration needs.
- Discuss with our dentists in Sacramento, CA the benefits of dental implants
- Comprehensive dental implants services in Sacramento, CA
- Sacramento dentists answer questions like, "Can dental implants be replaced?"
- Dentist in Sacramento provides the best implant experience and outcome
- Dentist near Sacramento describes why a dental implant is one of the best restorations available
- Sacramento area dentists describe cosmetic dental implants
Back to Dental Implants Page
Woke up with a horribly infected tooth on Friday morning. I had not established a relationship with a dentist since moving to Sacramento. Googled emergency dentists and was incredibly fortunate to find Dr. Adams listing. Called them on a Friday afternoon as a new patient and was seen within an hour!!! Two teeth had to be pulled. Dr Adams and Dr Kristen were awesome. I didn't feel a thing....teeth were out quickly and painlessly. Everyone there is incredibly sweet and caring. Everything is spotless and clean - could not have asked for a better experience. I have found my forever Dentist.
~ By Susan S.
They have cared for my teeth for 20+ years. Always warm and very trustworthy. I'd like to share my most recent visit, since it reflects the quality of care they have always provided. So my front tooth had a chipped bottom and my back tooth had a broken filling. First off, he fixed the broken filling without a problem. Next, Dr. Adams walked me through the options we had for the chipped tooth. I asked various questions to address my concerns. His explanations were comforting. For both my teeth issues, he gave me a full idea of what to expect. In the end, both teeth were cared for and function just fine now. No more worrying! I feel comfortable trusting him with caring for my teeth.
~ By Salvatore A.
Like always had a great experience with Dr Adams and Dr Adams. Had two fillings done and was in and out in just over an hour, I liked how they took the time to explain the whole procedure to me and answered all my questions about my teeth. I also enjoyed their good background music. The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering all my billing questions and setting up my next appointment. See you guys next time!!
~ By Manuel G.
Sign Up For Newsletter
Dr. Adams is rated one of the top 2 Dentists in Sacramento by Dr. Ooogle (out of 370 plus Sacramento dentists)