Sealants and Fluoride
- Get it placed by an experienced dentist
- Avoid future restorative treatments
- Get rid of additional dental expenses
- Schedule an appointment with Dr.Adams
Cosmetic Dentist in Sacramento – Dental Sealants Seal the Grooves. Save your children from future dentistry by having sealants placed on all posterior teeth. How to prevent tooth decay – Almost 100 percent.
Here are the facts:
- Tooth decay is caused by a combination of too much sugar and not thoroughly cleaning the teeth and gums.
- The first filling is often experienced in one of the molars in the back of the mouth.
- Regular brushing and avoidance of sugar does not guarantee that a patient will avoid the development of tooth decay. There are so many nooks and crannies on the biting surfaces of the teeth that it is practically inevitable that patients will experience tooth decay even with good oral health habits.
- It is these nooks and crannies where bacteria can collect and eventually decay the tooth surface.
- For this reason most of us have fillings on just our back teeth.
- Front teeth are almost self-cleansing and don’t really get decay.
- The best dentistry is no dentistry!
- Once you get your first filling you now are destined for replacing that filling again and again with more future dentistry.
- No dental restoration will last as long as your own natural tooth, so it is preferable that patients maintain the structure and integrity of their adult teeth.
Here is the secret to avoiding lifelong dentistry issues for your children:
- Dental sealants… seal the grooves.
- Advanced placement of sealants on all biting surfaces of posterior teeth where the nooks and crannies are that provide nests for bacteria.
- Many children who have sealants and fluoride treatments may be able to eliminate the need for the first filling and help avoid future restorative treatments.
- Simply put, if you never get your first filling you will never need another one to replace the first one.
Just for review:
- Most children (and some adults) can avoid future dentistry by having properly placed sealants on the biting surfaces of the posterior teeth where nooks and crannies exist that can provide nests for bacterial activity and subsequent decay.
- Sealants work best when they are properly placed.
- Save your children from future dentistry issues by having sealants placed on all posterior teeth.
Woke up with a horribly infected tooth on Friday morning. I had not established a relationship with a dentist since moving to Sacramento. Googled emergency dentists and was incredibly fortunate to find Dr. Adams listing. Called them on a Friday afternoon as a new patient and was seen within an hour!!! Two teeth had to be pulled. Dr Adams and Dr Kristen were awesome. I didn't feel a thing....teeth were out quickly and painlessly. Everyone there is incredibly sweet and caring. Everything is spotless and clean - could not have asked for a better experience. I have found my forever Dentist.
~ By Susan S.
They have cared for my teeth for 20+ years. Always warm and very trustworthy. I'd like to share my most recent visit, since it reflects the quality of care they have always provided. So my front tooth had a chipped bottom and my back tooth had a broken filling. First off, he fixed the broken filling without a problem. Next, Dr. Adams walked me through the options we had for the chipped tooth. I asked various questions to address my concerns. His explanations were comforting. For both my teeth issues, he gave me a full idea of what to expect. In the end, both teeth were cared for and function just fine now. No more worrying! I feel comfortable trusting him with caring for my teeth.
~ By Salvatore A.
Like always had a great experience with Dr Adams and Dr Adams. Had two fillings done and was in and out in just over an hour, I liked how they took the time to explain the whole procedure to me and answered all my questions about my teeth. I also enjoyed their good background music. The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering all my billing questions and setting up my next appointment. See you guys next time!!
~ By Manuel G.
Sign Up For Newsletter
Dr. Adams is rated one of the top 2 Dentists in Sacramento by Dr. Ooogle (out of 370 plus Sacramento dentists)