Emergency dental care for Sacramento athletesPosted By Kosta J. Adams, DDS, MAGD, FICOI / Kristen J. Adams - Dentist Sacramento
Unexpected injuriesIf you participate in sports or other physical activities without proper protective gear, you might expect to knock a tooth loose (or out), break one off, or get a cut lip or cheek. However, there are other hazards that you might not realize:
- Cracked tooth - Usually caused by a blow to the face, with potential long-term problems. Craze lines can be horizontal, or vertical from crown to edge of the tooth. You may not be aware of a crack until it hurts when you bite down (then pain stops) or develop an intermittent toothache. Hot and cold foods usually cause discomfort, and a piece of enamel shell may flake off, exposing internal tooth structure. If damage allows bacteria to reach the pulp at the center of the tooth, you will likely end up needing root canal therapy or extraction.
- Fractured root - Facial impact can fracture the root of a tooth without immediate visible damage, although the crack soon travels to the crown. This injury usually becomes obvious when infection develops, requiring endodontic treatment.
- Intrusion - Tooth intrusion is not as common as avulsion (knocking a tooth out) but can be more serious. Intrusion is when a tooth is driven back into the jawbone. It happens more often in children, because their alveolar bones have not fully hardened. Regardless, the tooth generally dies, or the roots shorten in response to the injury.
Emergency dental servicesWhen a dental emergency arises, Dr. Kosta Adams and Dr. Kristen Adams are here for you. They build time into the daily schedule to see urgent cases, getting you out of pain quickly. Often, treatment can be performed and completed same day.
Play it safe. Call (916) 999-1302 for emergency dental care in the Sacramento area.
- Emergency dental care for Sacramento athletes
- Where can Sacramento area patients obtain emergency dental treatment?
- The best treatment for a toothache in Sacramento
- Sacramento area dentists offer treatment for tooth ache
- Same day dentistry practice in Sacramento offers solutions for emergency concerns
- Where to obtain the best emergency treatment in the Sacramento community
- Sacramento area patients can receive immediate dental care for a knocked tooth at our practice
Back to Toothache, Emergency, Pain Page
Woke up with a horribly infected tooth on Friday morning. I had not established a relationship with a dentist since moving to Sacramento. Googled emergency dentists and was incredibly fortunate to find Dr. Adams listing. Called them on a Friday afternoon as a new patient and was seen within an hour!!! Two teeth had to be pulled. Dr Adams and Dr Kristen were awesome. I didn't feel a thing....teeth were out quickly and painlessly. Everyone there is incredibly sweet and caring. Everything is spotless and clean - could not have asked for a better experience. I have found my forever Dentist.
~ By Susan S.
They have cared for my teeth for 20+ years. Always warm and very trustworthy. I'd like to share my most recent visit, since it reflects the quality of care they have always provided. So my front tooth had a chipped bottom and my back tooth had a broken filling. First off, he fixed the broken filling without a problem. Next, Dr. Adams walked me through the options we had for the chipped tooth. I asked various questions to address my concerns. His explanations were comforting. For both my teeth issues, he gave me a full idea of what to expect. In the end, both teeth were cared for and function just fine now. No more worrying! I feel comfortable trusting him with caring for my teeth.
~ By Salvatore A.
Like always had a great experience with Dr Adams and Dr Adams. Had two fillings done and was in and out in just over an hour, I liked how they took the time to explain the whole procedure to me and answered all my questions about my teeth. I also enjoyed their good background music. The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering all my billing questions and setting up my next appointment. See you guys next time!!
~ By Manuel G.
Sign Up For Newsletter
Dr. Adams is rated one of the top 2 Dentists in Sacramento by Dr. Ooogle (out of 370 plus Sacramento dentists)